Sunday, June 18, 2006

It's not a party until something or someone is broke.



Its not a party until something is broke (or so they say). Well this time the broken thing was my hand. It is funny how driving a tent stake through your hand hampers your ability to prepare for a party. I found that doing even the simplest things with the other hand is somewhat cumbersome. The show must go on and it did with a little help from our friends at the pharmaceutical company who makes Motrin. I will appreciate having both hands to make things like cleaning the floor and chopping veggies a simpler process. I am lucky I did not chop off a finger attempting this. I would like to thank everyone for coming and helping me along the way. Not just Saturday but through the years it has taken to come to this point.

Thank you to the following:

Shaun – Thanks for letting me finish my work even though you want to go golfing or play games with me. No more papers we can now play :)

Mom and Dad –Thanks for helping me financially and emotionally with my educational needs. Thanks for having letting Shaun hang out with you guys so I could do homework. Thanks again for getting him to the bus and off even when the cat had to ride along.

Lisa & Joe – Thanks for encouragement and support to accomplish my goals. Thanks for helping me keep Shaun busy so I could do home work. Especially up north when I would have rather hung out with you guys at the water or what ever you were doing.

Shannon- Thanks for listening to all my school issues for all the years it has taken to “get her done” I may still need the sign. Thanks for the Far Side and stuff from all you guys. Don’t worry Lexie I haven’t forgotten your birthday.

All other friends and family thanks for you help :)

It was time to put a finish on a journey that has taken a long time to finish and the hand damage is a reminder that most things in life worth our time are not without some difficulty or pain. I used the party as an excuse to get the house in a little better order and we have started but it’s a good thing you did not open every closet. I should have been more organized while I was going to school however there never seemed to be enough time and there was always a paper to write or a need to spend time doing something more fun with Shaun. Now I need to focus on finding a way to use the education to make my and Shaun’s lives a little better.

Thanks again for the presents and your company Saturday. I had a great time and we don’t need to have a party for you all to come to our house. I know we are all busy but friends and family are the important things we have in this life and we need to enjoy each other. So come on out and enjoy the woods.

1 comment:

LS said...

I thought you were broke in the financial sense and I was going to bring your garage sale and money I owe you for dad's gift certificate right over... then I remembered your hand.

What the heck do you want me to do with this Christmas tree laying in my driveway? I'll see if Joyce wants to sell it Saturday.