Friday, June 30, 2006

A colorful garden


Shaun and I had the opportunity to spend some time in the garden with our friend Iris Prins today. When we lived across the street I would spend hours talking and looking at whatever flowers or plants were blooming. Shaun and I arrived to find Iris in her usual place tending her garden.

We spent a while catching up on what has been going on in our lives lately and reminiscing about years gone by. Shaun and Iris had a nice chat while I took a bunch of photos of my favorite flowers in her garden, which are the Black-eyed Susans. They have great color and variety and last most to the summer. I have posted the photos under Iris’ garden.

I moved from Holland four years ago and there are a lot of things I do not miss. I don’t miss the noise, traffic and lack of open space. I do however miss living near my friend Iris and the garden that has almost taken over her whole yard. I miss looking out my front window to view a sea of color in Iris’ garden across the street. The spring would bring tulips and daffodils. Summer would bring my favorite Black-eyed Susans and other treasures of color. Fall would bring chrysanthemums and autumn leaves of color on all the trees. All winter I would think about the beauty of spring coming when the snow melted and Iris’ flowers would be blooming.

I miss the garden and the opportunity to visit my friend and discuss what is going on in our lives and well as what is happening in the world. I enjoyed catching up today and look forward to another visit soon.




1 comment:

LS said...

Great flower pictures!