Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Don't fall in a sink hole


The sink hole was discovered by the Arlene who is renting Lisa's house. I am sure it was quite a surprise when she fell in it. I was lucky not to drive the lawn tractor in it when picking up leaves that afternoon. The pictures do not do it justice because it was about 3 feet deep and 3 feet on either side wide. The sod above it was keeping in from falling in. I filled about 25 5 gallon pails of sand to fill the hole and was able to lay the sod back on top. I am glad I didn't have to pull the tractor out of the hole. I took several pictures mostly for you Lisa everyone else may not think that they are that interesting. See Sink Hole Pics.

1 comment:

LS said...

Well, I am so glad that neither you or Arlene fell in it! I can't believe we never even noticed the ground drooping under the sod. Something must have gave by the drainfield that was never entirely filled or something?? I am just glad no one was hurt, incuding your mower! Thanks for filling it in. I owe you a Hungarian specialty for your hard work, remind me this summer and I'll cook it for you.